The School History
In 1929 came into being Public Supplementary Vocational School. Initially it was situated in Trade School's building at the Fabryczna Street. The Trade School Headmaster - Witold Antonowicz was the school organizer. During the first year of existence there were arose two classes where were admitted working youth quantity 80 pupils. Classes were gone off three times a week for five hours. At the beginning there were taught on the common
In 1930 the school was moved into the Primary Public Schools at the Pałacowa Street
(subsequent Żwirki and Wigury), headmaster's position was taken by engineer Edward Głogowski. Classes dimension was 18 hours and there were 5 units - all general-vocational profile.
When the 1934/35 school year had finished the number of units increased to 20. Lectures mostly were coming from other schools (primary or vocational and general schools). Among pupils and teachers were huge amount of Jewish
In the 1935/36 school year was very important headmaster's change; the new headmaster became Leon Biernacki, who was taken this position until the beginning of the Second World War. He did his best to get own school building. He captured the building at Warszawska Street which unfortunately was destroyed during the war.
At the time of outbreak many graduates, pupils and teachers became mobilize and took part in
warfare. In the 1939-41 (the period of Russian rule in Białystok
Province) that kind of schools weren't reactivated because it wasn't included by Russian education system. German rule eliminated any kind of Polish
education, because of that it was organized in conspiracy.
The school was reactivated at the 22nd November 1945. In 1947 the school received the name 'Public Vocational School' and its first headmaster was Tadeusz Pastuszczak. Because of the lack of premises, local department of education allocated the school in Primary School number 3 at Grunwaldzka Street (3 classes) and in Public Mechanical School at Sosnowa Street (6 classes). Classes lasted from 4pm till 8pm. There were registered 259 pupils divided into groups: electric, business group and vocational group. An average age of pupils were from 14 to 23 years old, and they preparation were from
3rd to 7th classes of primary school. Only 46% of pupils worked that is why appeared new problem of school workshops. Lessons lasted 5 days a week for 4 hours a day. Attendance wavered from 68% TO 98%. Management charged a fee by way of printing, identity cards and certificates. Caretakers were paid by Urban Management; teachers were paid by local department of
In the 1947/48 school year school workshop was being organized by compiling the most necessary carpenter's, blacksmith's, locksmiths and electrical tools. The first teacher name was Piotr Sobolew who soon ever after became the School's Workshop Manager. The number of staff increased from 14 to 24. Because of large youth influx there were organized 6 primary classes. Premises situation was still very difficult that's why pupils were studied only in afternoons. Number of pupils reached the level of 680.
The school was involved in social welfare of youth. Medical care didn't exist at school grounds that's why those who needed medical help were referred to sc-called school's out-patient
1948 was very special because of considerably help of local department of education. The school was granted a sum of a million zlotys to equip the workshop. Management was taken by Piotr Komar.
In the end oh 1947/48 school year Vocational School's Output First Exhibition was organized by local department of education at the school
In 1949 there was another change in the school's management. The new headmaster was Bronisław Lewonik who fulfilled this position till 1966.
In 1950 about 206 pupils had finished the school and they received the title of skilled worker. The main condition of admission became seven classes of primary school
In 1950/51 school year the number of pupils increased to 608. The school receive new hours grid and a part of new curriculum. There were 65 teachers employed. The workshop was redevelopment and divided into three parts: metal, electrical and building-wood. There was organized cafeteria and was emerge learned rings. At the end of the school year there were 230
In August 1951 District Management of Vocational School made a decision about transfer Mechanical Secondary School from Sosnowa Street to new building on 10 Dąbrowskiego
New building had much better conditions especially taking into consideration theoretical classes. The machine park which was left by Mechanical Secondary School made a good basis needed to organizing a manufactured and training workshop. It had great influence on wood profile development. District Management of Vocational Schools incorporated Wood Secondary School to National Vocational Secondary School from the
1st September 1951.
In 1951/52 school year there was organized an exhibition
called: "Vocational Schools in Białystok District" by District Managemant of Vocational
Schools. There were exhibited machines which were produced by the school such as lathes 2
TBS, pillar's drills. Development of own machines production was very important for Białystok District and had a main influence on the position of the region on
full, national scale.
From the beginning of 1952 the school received name "Fundamental Vocational School CUSZ in Białystok". In autumn 1952 to school was handed fibre
industry. Local and renovated changes had big influence on school's
conditions. During these days there were produced many scientific aids to such studies as metal and wood
technology, graph, mathematics, etc.
On 1st September 1960 the school intercepted a new building with theoretical classes, gym, common room and administrative rooms at 64 Sosnawa Street. At the end of the school year it was possible to finish new, theoretical classes' organization. Better local conditions had influence on extra-curricular class development. There was organized photographic studio. Two times a week were screened educational and feature
In 1962 the banner was funded by Parents Committee and officially given in
18th November 1962.
In the 1960-1966 the school took part in celebration the Millennium of Polish Nation. In the 1966/67 school year headmaster's position was taken by engineer Jerzy Siwak. There were 1117 pupils and pedagogical cluster counted 55
From 1971 headmaster's position was taken by Cezary Borsuk and from 1976 the school has started its function as Metal-Wood Complex School and till than have emerged new types of school, professions and educational possibilities. Since
1st September 1976 working people had possibility to obtain the title of wood technology technician in Wood Technical School for Working, which workings till
31st August 1993.
In 1976-1995 also was working school for pupils who's had difficulty with education where they could gain such professions as carpenter, lather, and miner.
1st September 1982 created Vocational Secondary School with mechanic of machines and devices repair, and six years later for fundamental vocational school graduates was given possibility of gaining secondary school education. It has been created
three-years Vocational Wood Technical School.
On December 1990 headmaster's position was taken by MSc Wiesław Chabowski who has been chosen by pedagogical
12th May 1998 Metal-Wood Complex School has received the name of patron General Władysław
In 1999/2000 our school celebrated 70th anniversary of being.